Friday, September 13, 2013

Ear Cuff Obsession


Someone said to me today that I have nice cartilage. 
This someone is a very sarcastic, witty guy that I have several classes with this semester who was teasing me BUT in actuality just really liked my ear cuffs. 

I am just really in to them because they are so easy and cute!

Some may say, "That's a cop out! Just get your cartilage pierced! It is just so much easier/prettier/cooler, you silly girl!"...
To those people, I give them this list: 

Reasons why I do not want to pierce my cartilage: 
1) I sleep on my side normally and I hear it hurts then...
2) $$$ - I am a college student only a short train ride from NYC, I have some other ideas of where I want to blow my money ;)
3) I am afraid it will ache for a long time because when I got my double piercing, it ached for about three weeks. 
4) Basically, I just am a wuss and would rather wear a nice cuff substitute.

Some may say, "Cuffs are awesome. Feed that obsession! Stock up! Buy options! Wear them on BOTH ears! Where two at a time!"...
To those people, I say thank you kindly for your permission to express myself and my style :)

What do YOU think of ear cuffs? 
Too gaudy? Unnecessary? Fashionable? Beautiful? YOUR new obsession?
Do they float your boat? Do they make your merry go round? Are they your cup of tea? 

Let me know!
xx

 

17 comments:

  1. Ear cuffs! I use to wear these when I was in high school but I still think they look cute. I have my ears pierced and then went to get a second hole out in each lobe but I found it hard to find earrings that matched so I let the second set of holes close. I have my nose pierced and that is about it.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's hard to match the double piercings. I know the struggle haha! But I wish I could pull off the nose piercing - they are so fierce! xx

      Delete
  2. I used to want my cartilage pierced for the longest time when I was in my teens. I wish I'd just bought some ear cuffs. I'm tempted to look for some now! Ha

    Debi x
    http://dibdabdebs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I say go for it! I don't think there is an age limit to when it is acceptable to wear ear jewelry :)

      Delete
  3. I have always loved ear cuffs!!! I have one that my sister bought me, and I would love to get more. No fear of cauliflower ear with these babies! :D
    I just found your lovely blog and am a new follower!! ^-^
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much for following! I am glad we share this love for ear cuffs :) Definitely get more! They are so fun!

      Delete
  4. I love ear cuffs but I hardly get to wear them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do tend to forget but I am trying to wear them more. I am noticing that people pick up on them and will comment and say they look cool :)

      Delete
  5. I love the way ear cuffs look, but I already have my cartilage pierced on one ear. I guess I could always wear one on my other ear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could!! They do look a lot different than an actual piercing. I love how unique they are!

      Delete
  6. love them :)

    Sarah
    http://herstyletto.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ear cuffs as I'm afraid that I'll get a piercing and decide that I don't like it in a few weeks!!
    I've nominated you for a liebster award, if you would like to take part check out my blog for the details.
    Demiana xo
    http://ourperfectinperfections.wordpress.com/2013/09/14/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ear cuffs atm!! even though I have two peircing on my cuff haha I love the ones which have little chains coming down them too. So funky!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i love those! haha they are so cute :)

      Delete