Saturday, December 7, 2013

My New Relationship With Dance

Hello everyone!! 

Happy Blogmas Day 6! It is a bit late but nevertheless, here it is!

This post is going to be dedicated to my current relationship to dance. I have been a dancer my whole life, but in the past few months, I have been exploring dance in different ways through film and light design. I think both videography and lighting can transform a dance and I have a new appreciation for the many aspects that go into performance. 

I recently have been working with my lovely friend Gabby to make videos of her dancing for her tumblr blog (gabbycoganchoreography). I have posted some on my blog in my post about A New Chapter but our most recent piece is my absolute favorite so I wanted to share it with all of you. I recommend watching this video full screen in the dark to get the full feeling of the piece. It is inspired by domestic violence and I think Gabby's choreography is incredibly beautiful. 


Beside filming for Gabby's blog, I also have been working on my university's dance show as a light designer. I light designed for a tap piece, called Where It's Clear, which was choreographed by Gabby Cogan and Nycole Nurse and costume designed by Lauren Kardos. I will post the video of this dance as soon as I can. I am filming it in the next few days :)


I hope to continue to try new things within dance because it is teaching me so much!

I really hope that you watch the video and enjoy it :) 

Let me know what you think!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment