Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm in England!


So I am here in England (for the next 4 months) and I needed some essential bath products to last me the whole stay. I went to Boots. It was not as magical as I wanted it to be because EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE IN THE UK compared with US prices. But nevertheless, I decided it was worth it to get some nice, quality beauty care products.

Since I have recently dyed hair, I chose to pick up the L'OREAL Elvive Colour Protect Caring Shampoo and Conditioner. I have been using them for the past three washes and I really enjoy the smell. I then saw that Soap & Glory products were 3 for 2 so I decided to get the Clean On Me Shower Gel, the Flake Away Body Scrub, and their lotion Hand Food (which I have gone through two bottles previously so I know I love!).

If you have tried any of these products, let me know what you think of them!

I also have been seeing A LOT of theatre so look out for a post on that :) I am trying to acclimate to the culture here in London because honestly it has many differences from the places I have lived in the US (Cleveland, NYC, and Madison).

Some are good, like how people have a lot of respect for aspiring theatre artists here. I have talked to several people who have asked me where I am from and what I am studying and not one has passed obvious negative judgment on me, which happens very often when I tell someone in the US what I want to do.

Some differences are annoying, like all the PDA and how establishments close so early.

Some differences were weird at first but I am quickly becoming attuned to, like the driving on the opposite side of the road.

But all in all I am having a good time so far! Look out for many more exciting posts :)

15 comments:

  1. Soap & Glory products never fail to impress. I don't think I've tried flake away before so please let me know if you like it. I'm in need of a new body scrub. Also, I have tagged you in the Blogger Love Tag so if you want to, I'll leave my link to my post here: http://razmataz-girl.blogspot.com/2014/08/blogger-love-tag.html

    Tasmin Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tasmin! Yes okay so I used the Flake Away a couple times so far and I can definitely say that my skin feels much smoother!! I would recommend giving it a go because it also smells lovely and feels nice when applying in the shower! And thank you for the tag <3

      Delete
  2. I really want to try out these soap and glory products!!! the hand cream that I have from them smells so damn good haha xx :) great post!

    pinkleopardlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does haha thank you for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think Australia has the soap and glory range here, I've never seen it and just looking at it makes me jealous. Hope you are having a wonderful time in England x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw well we don't really have a large selection in the US so I am taking advantage of living in England to buy these products haha :) Thanks so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  4. I need to go to the UK for the sole purpose of buying the soap and glory eyeliner lol I NEED it! Mind checking out my blog? http://alexandriao.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. That's so exciting that you're in England. I hope you enjoy your time there :) Soap and Glory is great, you should try out their cosmetics too. I use that shampoo and conditioner all the time, it seems pretty good at keeping my coloured hair in good condition!

    Sinead - Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is perfect to know :) I definitely want to try their eyeliner. Thanks for commenting Sinead!!!! <3

      Delete
  6. I love Soap and Glory! Hope you are enjoying England :)
    I am hosting a student box swap on my blog, for all those students out there. Please check it out, sign up and help me spread the word!
    The more the merrier :) xx

    www.aletterfromem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,

    I really like your Blog! You have interesting Stuff on it. Do you want to follow each other via GFC? If yes please comment on my Blog that you followed me and than i follow you back :).

    Greetings and Kisses from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I am now following you!! xx

      Delete
  8. are you studying abroad in england? i studied abroad in winchester last semester! :)

    essentiallyshannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete