Reading is Dreaming With Your Eyes Open

Hello everyone! I have been reading a lot this semester and as a theatre major, the majority of what I read is plays! 
 I did a post about reading last June called It's Always Words that Undress You. I thought I would do a post talking about specifically reading plays because I truly think that everyone should read more plays. This photo below shows only about half of the plays I have had to read this academic year so far (the rest either are in my massive anthology of plays or scripts online). There are some good ones and some that don't really make my merry go round. However, I have learned so much from reading them! Not only do you get to explore characters and unique plots, but when reading a play, envisioning the action can be so rich and entertaining! I also love how they are much shorter than a novel and are usually very concise. They are a good, relatively short, vivid read. 

Some of my favorites from below include:
The Women of Lockerbie 
The American Plan
Summer and Smoke
Suddenly Last Summer
Art


Some of my favorite plays not in the picture include:
Echoes
Miss Julie
Twelfe Night
Hamlet
Extremities
A Streetcar Named Desire
Hedda Gabler

My goal for when the semester ends is to read at least 25 plays over the summer. 
Have you read any of these? What do you think about reading plays? Do you ever set goals for reading over the summer?
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crafts: Notebook & Mason Jars

Flower Love

Recipe | Watermelon Rice Krispies