May and April Instagrams!

So for the past two months my campus has been absolutely beautiful and the warm weather has inspired some happy and sunny days outside with my friends! The yummy cupcakes and the Passion Fruit Tea from Starbucks were just two of the many things I ate outside while appreciating the sun :)

Those blue flats were from a thrift shop in Boston. They caught my eye and I crossed my fingers hoping they would fit - they fit me perfectly!! They have definitely turned into my new favorite pair of flats and I am sure I will get a lot of wear out of them in the summer. 

Now last weekend I went to see Macbeth on Broadway and it was breathtaking! I had an amazing day in NYC with my future roomie Michelle and two other friends who we met up with for dinner and then the show. The day started off with us waking up quite early to stand in line at the box office until it opened at 10 am. We were third in line and ended up getting tickets. After securing the reservations, we popped into MAC, where I got a new lipstick <Frost Meltdown> and a new eyeshadow <Brown Down Veluxe> and Forever 21, where Michelle got an adorable tote bag for traveling. We headed down to Chinatown for lunch at Joe's Shanghai and then shopped around Soho for a few hours. We went into Sabon where we had a hand exfoliating treatment and I bought my mum a gift set for Mother's Day that I think she will really like :) We finally met up with our two friends at Epistrophy (http://www.epistrophycafe.com) in Soho and I had a scrumptious croissant with salmon, brie, and arugula. It was SO GOOD. After supper, we walked to The Little Cupcake Bakeshop in Nolita and I got a Vanilla Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting. We walked a bit a ways to eat our cupcakes at a fountain in a garden - I forget the name :( We then hopped back on the subway to head back up to Times Square to the Ethel Barrymore Theatre. We made it to the show about 20 minutes early and may or may not have moved to empty seats that were a better view right as the lights were going down... hehe :) 

The show was spectacular. Alan Cumming is insanely talented and his performance blew me away. Now, I adore live theatre and have seen a great deal of it for someone my age (p.s. I am a theatre major and I am 19), but this was the first theatrical performance to have such a strong effect on me. I physically could not speak words for about thirty minutes after the show ended. I was bawling my eyes out and refused to look anyone in the eyes. It was shocking and heartbreaking. I will never forget my experience and hope that I can continue to have that strong of emotional reactions to theater in the future - and hopefully I can produce that affect on people in my own performances as well. 

So anyway, I hope you've enjoyed this little explanation of those four Instagram pictures! I got a bit carried away - which I tend to do quite a lot...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crafts: Notebook & Mason Jars

Recipe | Watermelon Rice Krispies

Flower Love