I recently read an article from Thought Catalog about things that people should start making more time for. As I read, I couldn't help but identify with each one. I thought I would share this to all of you and see what you think.
4. Cooking a nice meal just for the sake of doing so.
5. Getting really dressed up for no other reason that just wanting to.
6. Reading hard copy books.
7. Making phone calls to relatives for no other reason than to see how they are doing.
8. Disconnecting from technology frequently enough to not be anxious.
9. Celebrating things with long, multiple course dinners instead of drinking into oblivion.
10. Cleaning because it's satisfying and getting fresh flowers because its therapeutic.
11. Spending time with kids and doing kid things with them. They just know what's up.
12. Answering things in a timely fashion.
13. Making sure relationships are actually based on time spent together and connectedness.
14. Just sitting and listening to music.
15. Traveling by train or at least exploring places that you pass everyday.
16. Putting personal health and well-being first. Relaxing.
17. Planning something, especially with someone else, so you have something to look forward to.
18. Stopping to talk to people throughout the day.
Some of these are easier said than done, but none are impossible. They are all within our reach and I think that by making more time for the little things, you will be a happier person overall. Lately I have been pretty down, mostly because of the amount of stress in my life, from school to my many commitments, but I can feel myself pulling away to not become overwhelmed. I am going to focus on a few of these at first and see how they make me feel.
Do you think you will? What are some of the things on this list you wished you did more or think others should do more?