Instead of doing homework...

For some reason, spring semester rolls around and all my friends & I want to do is watch movies!

Recently (within the last three weeks) I have seen some awesomely funny, some beautifully sentimental, and some pretty effed up movies that I want to share with you!

I have included the following for each movie:
- The title
- The MPAA (based on level of appropriateness for certain audiences) rating
- My rating on a scale of 1-10 (10 being AMAZING and 1 being DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE ITS CRAP).
- What I loved about it

Stuck in Love
MPAA Rating: R
My rating: 10
Watch this movie. It was the best thing I have seen in a while. Great cast - Lily Collins, Logan Lerman, Nat Wolff, Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly - really beautiful story, very clever and witty, and a KILLER soundtrack (probably the best I have heard in a long time).

I Give It A Year
MPAA Rating: R
My rating: 7.5
I loved the cast of this too - Rose Byrne, Rafe Spell, Ana Ferris, Simon Baker, Minnie Driver. It had a very interesting ending that I found myself liking. I felt lots of movie second-hand embarrassment - have you ever felt that? I would love to hear thoughts on this one if you watch it!

A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
MPAA Rating: R
My Rating: 8.5
Jason Sudekis is beautiful. This movie, while being extremely inappropriate and hilarious, actually and surprisingly had a good story-line. I watched it one night when I couldn't fall asleep and then the next day had my friends watch it with me again while we ate pizza and drank wine. They really loved it too and we laughed the whole time.

American Psycho
MPAA Rating: R
My Rating: 6.5
I watched this a few weeks ago before school started. It is immensely effed up and very confusing but it is insane, intriguing, and captivating. Christian Bale is crazy.

Blue Jasmine
MPAA Rating: R
My rating: 7
This was such an interesting film, and from an acting point of view, incredibly well done. Watching Cate Blanchett is always bewitching. I am normally a fan of Woody Allen films (even though in real life he is probs a dick). This movie was very colorful and bright, but had very deep, dark undertones. 

Take This Waltz
MPAA Rating: R
My rating: 8
I watched this one last night and I thought I would give it a chance because I love Seth Rogen, Michelle Williams, and Sarah Silverman. It is an indie film made for the Toronta Film Festival but it is available on Netflix. I loved this and thought it was sad in a beautiful way. No one dies but I was left at the end feeling as if someone had. I love the videography and choices made in filming this movie. 

So basically all 6 of these movies are rated R... just realized. Also, if you have Netflix then you are in luck because every one of these movies is available to you! 

I hope that you enjoyed this post. They are all definitely worthwhile movies to watch and I would love to know if you have seen any of these before! Also, leave a comment below if you think you now want to watch one or all of them!

Thanks for reading xx

Comments

  1. Stuck in Love was so good I think I teared up a lil bit!! I have watched a lot of movies lately too I HAVE SOME RECS:
    The Spectacular Now (also a book, but book < movie in this case)
    Her (obv Joaquin Phoenix + high waisted pants = truly amazing)
    Drinking Buddies (on Netflix?? not sure if you've watched but you might like it)
    The Heat (PLEASE WATCH THIS IF U HAVEN'T WATCHED YET my mom and i were dying watching it)
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (IDK if you've seen this in your life but it's a classic)
    The Way, Way Back (so qt + Steve Carrell and Maya Rudolph are in this)
    The To Do List (IDK if you've seen this I think maybe??? But Aubrey Plaza is everything)

    okay byee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes okay I will watch all of these! I have seen The Heat and it is very funny :) Also recently watched Frances Ha and I think you would really like it!! It's on Netflix! love ya,

      Delete
  2. Stuck In Love is so amazing and Logan is actually my life.<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crafts: Notebook & Mason Jars

Recipe | Watermelon Rice Krispies

Flower Love